I think there is some confusion happening here.

1. I don't see a reason to allow mix format to be a no-op? If you don't
want to run the formatter, you can simply not run "mix format".

2. On the other hand, I don't think turning off the formatter will address
Sourceror. I believe it uses the formatting APIs to stitch the code back
together, regardless of mix format.

In other words, I don't think the issue you have is mix format. It is with
whatever tool that is invoking it.