If you look here:
https://github.com/elm-lang/navigation/blob/master/examples/Counter.elm#L42

you can see that it's using the .hash part of the Location.

If you look here:
http://package.elm-lang.org/packages/elm-lang/navigation/1.0.0/Navigation#Location
I'm sure you will find what you need.

;)

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 4:44 AM, William Bailey <b...@deepfinesse.com>
wrote:

> That seems like a promising lead, thanks.  Although a couple hours in, and
> see how to use it to induce URL changes from within Elm (affecting browser
> history) and how to respond to changes when the user manually edit's the
> URL by hand.
>
> But in a bit of a chicken and egg quandary here as I haven't as yet
> unearthed how to get at the initial URL (nor it's query string) the user
> hit to invoke the page from within Elm.

There is NO FATE, we are the creators.
blog: http://damoc.ro/