Hello,

I try to initialize my elm application using programWithFlags.

My app makes use of elm-mdl, so my model looks something like this:

type alias AppState =
    { mdl : Material.Model
    , viewSelected : Int
    , ...
    , titleEditable : Bool
    , refreshEditorContent : Bool
    }

In other words, it contains a Material.Model that I need to make proper use
of elm-mdl.

When I try to use App.programWithFlags, however, having Material.Model in
my AppState leads to the following error:

-- BAD FLAGS -------------------------------------------------------
src/App.elm
Your `main` is demanding an unsupported type as a flag.
68| main =
    ^^^^
The specific unsupported type is:
    Dict.Dict
        (List Int)
        { animation : Material.Ripple.Animation
        , ignoringMouseDown : Bool
        , metrics :
              Maybe
                  { rect :
                        { height : Float
                        , left : Float
                        , top : Float
                        , width : Float
                        }
                  , x : Float
                  , y : Float
                  }
        }
The types of values that can flow through in and out of Elm include:
    Ints, Floats, Bools, Strings, Maybes, Lists, Arrays, Tuples,
Json.Values,
    and concrete records.

Currently, I use localStorage to store my AppState partially (I do not
encode 'mdl'). I don't see how I can make this work, however, since I
assume that programWithFlags can only decode the types mentioned in the BAD
FLAGS message and it expects to receive a completely serialized AppState.

Any suggestions from the coomunity?

Thanks,
Robert