Hi all,

I have written a package to facilitate OAuth authentication in elm (
https://github.com/tiziano88/elm-oauth). It currently uses a bit of Native
(JS) code to open the login prompt in a separate window and read its URL,
from which it extracts the authentication token (which is returned as a URL
hash fragment after a redirect). You can see the extent of the JS code here
<https://github.com/tiziano88/elm-oauth/blob/master/src/Native/OAuth.js>.
Now, it seems that publishing modules with Native code is not allowed any
more, so I am asking what would be the best way for me to distribute this
module for other people to use. Alternatively, I could change the module
and make it work with elm-lang/navigation, although that would mean that to
change it to open the login flow in the current window where the app is
running (which will destroy its state, since AFAICT there is no way in elm
to open a link in a separate window and to read its location), and have a
way of extracting the token from the hash fragment once the flow redirects
the user back to the app (which seems doable via the navigation module).
Are there better approaches to these ones?

Thanks,

Tiziano