Thank you for posting this Peter! It's always informative to hear different
perspectives. Sorry to hear yours wasn't positive.

> -* I would not recommend webdev beginners to take the approach I took.*

This is my big takeaway here.

At work we've had a great experience following the the philosophy Noah
advocates here, of "when feeling blocked, reach for a workaround," but
that's predicated on knowing how to do the workarounds. Based on your
experience, I can see how a web development beginner would not have that
toolbox already at hand.

I think it's fair to say that Elm is a great choice for projects where
teams are already comfortable doing Web development, but I can see how it
wouldn't be the best choice a beginner building one of their first
production Web applications. I expect that will change over time, but we
are not there yet. :)