Sorry Janis for messing up with your name, I'll be more careful in the
future.

Thank you for translate suggestion. To be honest you always forget about
this possibility when your language automatic translation is super bad.

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 11:36 AM Janis Voigtländer <
janis.voigtlaen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> @Javis, do you have any plans of having an English translation?
>
> Unfortunately, from my side this is only going to happen if I give the
> course to a group of youths that speak better English than German.
>
> But it might be possible to have a low effort translation using Google
> Translate. I just experimented and took a random instruction page from my
> course and sent it through Google Translate, and the result is remarkably
> good (see below). Moreover, all the code of the exercises is of course
> already in English rather than German.
>
> Anyway, here is what Google Translate gives for the German instruction
> block below the code block on
> https://github.com/jvoigtlaender/Elm-Kurs/blob/master/pages/Counter.md.
> Pretty good (though not completely accurate, it’s still just a machine
> translation):
>
> There are some things to explain:
>
> We have to express what the “remembered state” should be at the beginning,
> if there is no past to remember. Since we want to implement a simple
> counter here, we use the number 0 for this.
>
> We have to express how the state should change when an event occurs. This
> is done in the update function. It uses case … of … to make a case
> distinction on the event. Here, we will first react only to the event
> “Empty button was pressed” (space), in this case, increase the counter
> reading by 1.
>
> To express that in any other case (when the empty key has been pressed),
> we will use the line _ -> state. Such or similar lines should always exist
> in the following.
>
> In the scene function, the current state is now available as a further
> input and can be used to calculate the output (ie the display to be
> rendered). Here, we simply output the current counter reading directly. We
> ignore the current mouse position and time (also in the update function).
>
> By means of the displayWithState function, we bring everything together.
>
> Task: Change the above program so that the counter starts at 10, is
> increased by means of the arrow-up key and is reduced by means of the
> arrow-down-key, but never drops below 0. In addition, the empty button
> should now be able to set the counter to 0 at any time. (The left, up,
> right and down event names exist for the four arrow keys.)
>
> ​

Best regards,
Fedor Nezhivoi