I agree that Elm is in some ways not as easy as it is made out to be, for some
people at least.  Especially newer programmers that have been working chiefly
in JavaScrip for a while.  Not that it is a problem with the language...just
very different from JS in many ways.

The great thing (and bad thing) about JS is that you can get away with almost
anything.  If it doesn't work you use the dev console or toss in some
console.logs, figure out what it is spitting out, and fix it.

Elm doesn't allow that so sometimes it can be tricky to reason about the
compiler messages; friendly though they might be.  For me personally it would
be great to have a "beginner mode" where the program is allowed to compile
(with warnings included) so that you could see the actual results of your code.
 Until you wrap your brain around the type system seeing something like:

...is expecting
String -> Html Msg

But is getting
String -> { a | Html Msg }.     (....off the top of my head, not an actua error
message)

Is not always the most helpful.   I'm sure it will be great eventually; just
not at first.

The other issue is that there just aren't as many examples out there.   Nice as
the community is sometimes you feel dumb asking questions to things that are so
simple in another language but getting you in Elm.  I don't know anyone in my
area learning Elm so no one nearby to get you unstuck when you can't find a
solution.

So I can sympathize with Antonio and I've also looked at libraries such as choo
to help me reason about Elm in a language I'm more familiar with.  It's still
an amazing language and I'm loving learning it, just very different from the C,
Java, JS background many of us have.

I will say this, since starting to work on Elm I've written some of the best JS
code I've ever done.  It absolutely is a great intro into functional
programming and very easy to take some of that into JS.  I'm sure as more
resources become available it will be even easier to learn.  Can't wait until I
become fluent in it