My need is to upload PDFs directly to S3. That requires two additional
things

- the ability to read a file from the hard disk - the sort of native code
needed is
at
https://github.com/simonh1000/file-reader/blob/master/src/Native/FileReader.js
- an extra function in Http with signature `blobPart
<http://package.elm-lang.org:8018/packages/elm-lang/http/1.0.0/Http#stringPart>
: String -> Blob -> Part
<http://package.elm-lang.org:8018/packages/elm-lang/http/1.0.0/Http#Part>`

Simon