On Wednesday, November 9, 2016 at 4:02:42 PM UTC, OvermindDL1 wrote:

> In my opinion Elm really needs to have a smooth integration with
> webcomponents.  A webcomponent is a very small unit, something elm fits
> fantastically in, has two way data-binding up/down the DOM stack, and
> getting built-in to browsers (Chrome is about the only one with near-full
> support though, but it is coming in others).  It is something that Elm
> would fit fantastically in if we could somehow get information *out* of a
> webcomponent, right now elm can only put information 'in'.  A binding to
> the HTML5 Observer API being transformed into Elm Messages would be about
> perfect.

Lets take this to a new thread. I guess you read the previous thread on
Elm/Polymer integration? I suggested 3 ways forward, one of which was
language/framework changes to Elm to enable encapsulation of state and
defining a message in/out interface to an Elm program, so that an Elm
program can be encapsulated as a webcomponent. But I am pretty vague on the
details of that, so if you are interested lets take a new thread and try
and work out what that might look like in a bit more concrete detail?