Embedding the code in its documentation is a very interesting idea. I can
see it being very useful for tutorials & libraries. (The examples were
pleasant to read through.) But generally I try to avoid comments in favor
of making the code self-documenting. Comments are a liability -- it's easy
for them to get out of sync with the code, and the compiler cannot stop
them from lying to the user.

So this literate programming approach can reduce the maintenance cost of
documentation where documentation is needed. But I worry that if so much
emphasis is placed on the documentation, maybe there is less incentive to
make the programming language itself readable.

This is just a general thought. I don't mean to criticize Eve's readability
in particular. Lord knows we get enough people throwing stones at Elm
because they can't understand it after just a few minutes :-P

Thanks for sharing this. I'll be interested to see where it goes.