Just to raise awareness that using this kind of imports can difficult for
readability, that maybe it should not be removed from the language but
discourage by the community.

Just following the python example, from PEP8 the python style guides:

"Wildcard imports ( from <module> import * ) should be avoided, as they
make it unclear which names are present in the namespace, confusing both
readers and many automated tools. There is one defensible use case for a
wildcard import, which is to republish an internal interface as part of a
public API (for example, overwriting a pure Python implementation of an
interface with the definitions from an optional accelerator module and
exactly which definitions will be overwritten isn't known in advance)."

Also, depending on an IDE or external tools for me it's a sign that there
is a problem. As others have said, what about github and who's going to
maintain the plugins for all the IDEs, maybe one day you'll be through ssh
with the system's default vim.

It's just my perspective, cheers.

AD.N