I am pretty sure it is impossible to "wrap" a JS component with Elm,
especially if it is as complicated as a code editor. This thing is going to
have loads of code that already manages rendering and event handling. Its
not going to play nicely with the VDOM.

What is the rest of your program doing? Are there a subset of events from
the code editor that you are interested in capturing?