Hi Alex,

Perhaps this helps?

$ elm repl
---- elm-repl 0.17.1
 :help for help, :exit to exit, more at <
https://github.com/elm-lang/elm-repl>
> a = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
[1,2,3,4,5] : List number

> isOdd n = (n % 2 == 1)
<function:_user$project$Repl$isOdd> : Int -> Bool

> odds = List.filter isOdd a
[1,3,5] : List Int

> doAction n = n + 1
<function:_user$project$Repl$doAction> : number -> number

> List.map doAction odds
[2,4,6] : List Int

Here, I take a list of integers (in your case it would be records) and
filter on just the ones I want (in this case, odd numbers). Then I use the
`map` function to apply the `doAction` function to each.