Wow, thank you very much for the responses! I went with the tuple pattern
match trick for the moment, it’s better than what I had before.

But I would still be interested in splitting the app in two parts. It feels
wrong to mix the loading logic with the display logic in a single function.
Ideally, I would like the app to “behave like a loader” and then switch the
behaviour completely to the display part, passing the loaded data or an
error. And the update function running the display part would know nothing
about data loading. Does that make sense?

Thank you again,

T.