Big picture:

I'm writing a visual display algorithm of a binary ".hex" file that is the
result of compiling code on the Arduino platform. I load the file into the
browser via HTTP.getString, and then attempt to display the values.

Problem:

I'm unable to find a way to represent this binary data stream as a series
of 16-bit integers. I've attempted String.toList which results in a (List
Char) type, but what should I do with Char? Char.toCode and Char.fromCode
seem specifically tuned for use with keyboard events.

Is there a way to handle a binary data series in Elm?

Thanks,
Duane Johnson