Looks like you already have Date and not String.

I am pretty new to Elm myself and I couldn't find a way to decodeValue of
Date, but, I think as a workaround, on JavaScript side before sending the json
through port, you could convert your Date fields to String with:

myJson.date = myJson.date.toISOString()

Hope it helps.