Hi,

I'm new to elm and am using version 0.18

I'm struggling a bit to get what I want out of the Route and Navigation
libraries.

I have 2 features Login and Registration

In the Main.elm I use an update which delegates to either the Login or
Registration features and then updates the main model after Login or
Registration has done its thing.

However I want to be able to detect when I'm going to show the Login view
and before the view is rendered fire off an http request which will be used
to populate the view. I can't see how to do this. It's easy to do as a
result of something like a button click - because then the trigger point is
the button click. But I want the trigger point to be during navigation so
that the user can arrive on a page and that initial arrival on the page
triggers the http requests that will be used in that view.

Also if anyone could point me in the direction of a good pattern for
protecting routes that would be great - e.g. if a user is not logged in
they should not be allowed to go to the welcome page and get redirected to
login, and if logged in they should be redirected to welcome and not
allowed on login or registration etc ...

Any help appreciated

Thanks

--Kingsley