On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 10:40 PM, Eirik Sletteberg <eiriksletteb...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Yes, flags works on startup, but it won't work so well after incremental
> updates, will it?
>
> I guess ports is an option (unless you use union types, which makes that
> hard, see the other thread) but I'm a bit concerned about the performance
> overhead of that. With N components the state has to first be serialized to
> JSON once, and then deserialized from JSON to Elm data structure N times.
> Preferably one wouldn't have to go into JS land and back for this to work?

Give it a try. It is useless to talk about performance overhead in the
absence of actual code.
Same goes for code structuring and components.
Maybe you'll discover that instead of implementing N components that need
to communicate through ports it's easier to implement one with the
functionality of all three and never leave the safety of Elm for state
management.

--
There is NO FATE, we are the creators.
blog: http://damoc.ro/