This topic must have come up in the past, but I promise that I did look
before posting and only found limited information.

Pattern-matching on records is limited to punning on the field name. That
is, you can have a pattern like `{a, b}`, which will bind `a` to the value
corresponding to the record's `a` label and `b` to the value... &c, &c. But
you can't write a more general pattern like `{a = <pat1>, b = <pat2>}`.

Is there some aspect of the language that makes it impossible (or
difficult) to support these patterns? Or are they just not implemented, for
whatever reason?