For about the last 2 months I have had the same server side process written
in Java running continuously without being restarted, while I have been
developing a UI in Elm that uses it.

I have a content model which is a tree and needed to do a post-order
traversal of it. I have a library that implements a family of queue based
search algorithms that can do stuff like that, all it takes is to implement
an interface that lets me navigate through a graph with a standardized set
of operations and then I can walk it in a large number of different ways.
But it would still be simpler in Elm!

Interesting to reflect on just how much of my development time is now spent
on Elm, having been nearly 100% spent on Java if I go back six months.

I'll soon be looking at converting a load of code generation templates from
something horrible called StringTemplate, to a statically typed FP soon.
Elm is a candidate, but as I'd like it running on a JVM I should also look
at Frege. The Elm code I have running on JVM so far is very very slow - but
I might be doing something obviously bad too, like creating a brand new
javascript engine on every invocation or something stupid like that. I just
got it to the point where it worked at all, and then stopped work in that
particular direction.

Happy Elm coding, folks.