Can you elaborate on how you are getting the data from the backend into Elm
values?  Are you not using Elm decoders?  We use snake_case for all of our
database fields, and writing decoders that will receive the JSON and
produce Elm values is a step we have to take with all of our data before it
ends up in an Elm record value anyway.  Are you avoiding this somehow?