Hi,

I am currently working on a SPA which stores a list of records (~ 2500)
with 4 fields in the model. One of those fields is another list which
contains 2 items on average but can be more.

I am implementing a form component to create a new item, and the issue I am
seeing is that there is a very noticeable lag after every action. Form does
not deal with the previous mentioned list, but updates another record which
is a part of the list. Below is simplified version of my model code.

type alias Parent =
    { id: Int
    , title: String
    , children: List Child
    }

type alias Child =
    { id: Int
    , title: String
    }

type alias Form =
    { title: String }

type alias Model =
    { rootNodes: List Parent
    , rootNodeForm: Maybe Form
    }

Can someone please recommend how can I overcome this issue? Or even
pointers on what actions are expensive in Elm and I should be avoiding when
dealing with large amount of data in your model?

Thank you in advance :)

Cheers
Jais Cheema