> *I have not seen the reverse happening.*

I usually try not to get involved in long threads like this nowadays, but I
feel obligated to quickly mention that we were also recently pretty happy
with a recent refactor that reduced the boilerplate in an internal
documentation page. (We haven't published this as a package, we're still
building some experience with it and mostly using the inverted control that
folks generally recommend).

doc =
    layout6
        Symbol.component
        Footprint.component
        PackageOverlay.component
        (SourceEditor.Form.component (SourceEditor.configure
Example.sourceEditorConfig))
        (PartEditor.Form.component Example.partEditorConfig)
        ConsignEditor.Form.component
        (\symbol footprint packageOverlay sourceEditor partEditor
consignEditor ->
            docBody []
                [ div []
                    [ docSection "components"
                        "Components"
                        [ docSubSection "symbol" "Symbol" [ symbol ]
                        , docSubSection "footprint" "Footprint" [ footprint
]
                        , docSubSection "packageoverlay" "PackageOverlay" [
packageOverlay ]
                        , docSubSection "sourceeditor" "SourceEditor" [
sourceEditor ]
                        , docSubSection "parteditor" "PartEditor" [
partEditor ]
                        , docSubSection "consigneditor" "ConsignEditor" [
consignEditor ]
                        ]
                    ]
                ]
        )

main =
    program
        { init =
            doc.init
                ( force Example.symbol
                , force Example.footprintFlags
                , force Example.packageOverlayFlags
                , force Example.sourceEditor
                , force Example.partEditor
                , {}
                )
        , subscriptions = doc.subscriptions
        , update = doc.update
        , view = doc.view
        }

This was a fantastic reduction from the previous boilerplate and I'm really
pretty happy with how it turned out (but I don't want to hold this
particular example up as canonical, this is still an experimental approach
with its own caveats, like any other architecture).