I am experimenting with view functions that produce both html content and
the style that should be applied to that markup, as in

myView : Model -> ( Html msg, List CssRule )

So far, I have been rendering the above by creating a <style> tag inside
the <body>: this works great but it is not compliant, so I want to find a
way to insert the styling in the <head>.

I can do this with a port, but where do I execute it?

One solution would be to execute myView inside the program's update cycle,
store the resulting Html in the model, and have a dummy program view
function that just produces the pre-rendered html content stored in the
model, but seems a really weird thing to do and I don't know how it would
impact performance.

update msg model =
    let

        ( html, style ) = myView model
    in
        ( { model | renderedView = html }, portUpdateHeaderStyle style )

view model =
  model.renderedView

The other solution would be to render everything twice, once in the
program's view to get the html content, and another inside the update cycle
to get the style and execute the port, but executing myView twice doesn't
seem great for performance.

Is there a better way?