Just in case this conversation is still active .. and following on from
OverMind's suggestion that the Dialog interface be redrawn to match the
current need for user input via a dialog ... If I have 2 buttons visible on
the screen at the same time, how can I tell which button was pressed when
rendering the dialog?  There does not seem to be any opportunity to update
the model... or is there?  It feels like I should open the dialog via
something like  a command on the back of handling a message in update.