> A lot of my early work was centered around UIs which made heavy use of
> inheritance and mutation.

I really don't think this is related to the original question. The original
question was not about inheritance or mutation or even about OO. It was
about "this" and "combining data with logic". Which were described as a
"systemic problem".

No one (yet) has convinced me that they are even remotely a problem. No one
has provided an example. Or any logic to support the claim.

They have mentioned all sorts of other things that *are* problematic,
like inheritance and mutation. But I already knew those were problematic. I
also already knew that most OO languages also support mutation (although
mutation is discouraged in Kotlin). But this is not what the question was.

Sure, you could start naming off a dozen other things that are problematic
(like inheritance and mutation). But that has nothing to do with the
question.

> In OO, mutation is very easy to do because of `this`.

No. As mentioned earlier, "this" has nothing to do with immutability.
"this" is just an object variable like any other object variable.

| Perhaps your experience with OO programming is atypical?
The fact that "this" has nothing to do with immutability is unrelated to my
experience.