Hi,

I have been trying to create a `resuable view` following the structure
outlined in evanczs `elm-sortable-table`
<https://github.com/evancz/elm-sortable-table/> and other examples,
including:

   - abadi199s `datetimepicker` <https://abadi199.github.io/datetimepicker/>
   - thebriticans `elm-autocomplete`
   <https://github.com/thebritican/elm-autocomplete>

I was attempting the reproduce the range slider from Palantir's BlueprintJS
component library (example here
<http://blueprintjs.com/docs/#core/components/sliders.range-slider>). My
Elm version is here <https://github.com/enetsee/rangeslider>, with a live
version in Ellie here <https://embed.ellie-app.com/3twhtJfZNvya1/0>.

The Elm version extends the original by allowing the user to specify the
scale that should be used. The live demo shows both a linear and
logarithmic scale; the latter is particularly useful when asking users to
select values which have a heavily skewed distribution (common in finance
and insurance).

The main limitation of the Elm version compared with the original is having
to specify a fixed width. The react version seems to use `clientWidth
<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Element/clientWidth>` to
determine the rendered width of the component and uses that when
positioning visual elements. As far as I'm aware there is no way to achieve
this with Elm.

I would really appreciate any pointers on my approach, particularly if I
have misunderstood the `reusable view` approach, and any ideas on how
overcome the fixed width limitation mentioned above.

Thanks,

Michael