Hi All,

I am installed "2.6.35-14.1.el5.elrepoPAE" in my VMWare machine. But when I
kept the machine idle, the vmware machine becomes unresponsive (nothing on
vmware console, not pinging) sometimes. There is an alarm generated saying
"high CPU". Also i could see in the performance graph that , the CPU spikes
up to 100% suddenly.

I applied all the recommended solutions like reducing the kernel clock rate
to 100 HZ, stopped VMWare tools etc. But issue still persists.

Can anyone let me know whether there is any known issue with respect to
vmware high CPU on "2.6.35-14.1.el5.elrepoPAE" kernel?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Prem