I've installed  kernel-lt-3.2.57-1.el5.elrepo.i686.rpm on my CentOS 5.5
system because I'm trying to troubleshoot a third party USB hardware issue
that causes the system to hang.  If I issue the commands:

echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq
echo "c" > /proc/sysrq-trigger

The system looks like it's starting to capture the dump information, but
complains about many kernel-module version mismatches and the kernel that
it says it's mismatching is cryptic.  For example:

Mounting sysfs filesystem
Creating /dev
Creating inital device notes
insmod: kernel-module version mismatch
/lib/modules/3.2.57-1.el5.elrepo/scsi_mod.ko was compiled for kernel
version M?**=a while this kernel is version 3.2.57-1.el5.elrepo

The M?**=a is the cryptic part.  The ** are actually suppose to be boxes,
but I don't know how to make that system.

With the latest CentOS 5.X debug kernel (kernel-debug-2.6.18-371.6.1.el5)
when I issue those commands kdump starts and captures system information in
a vmcore file.

Does kernel-lt-3.2.57-1.el5.elrepo have the capability to capture kernel
dump information?  If so, any appearant indications of what I am doing
wrong.  If no, I will work on compiling my own 3.2.57 kernel with the
necessary parameters.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks for you help in advance.

Regards,

Antonio