On 08/25/2018 02:10 PM, Alan Bartlett wrote:
On 25 August 2018 at 17:10, Alan Bartlett <a...@elrepo.org> wrote:
On 24 August 2018 at 09:44, alexandru Mateescu
<alex.mateesc...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

I have installed kernel-lt-4.4.151 on a Kontron board and when i boot up the
system it gets to: "SELinux:  Initializing" and it reboots.

I believe Kontron boards make use of Intel processors and are, maybe,
subject to the problem referenced in the following patch submission.
[1]

If I am correct, both kernel-ml-4.4.151 and kernel-lt-4.4.152 will be
affected. I see that the patch is queued for both the 4.4 and 4.9
stable branches and so should appear, all being well, in our
kernel-lt-4.4.153 package set.

If feeling adventurous, a re-build of kernel-lt-4.4.152 with the patch
applied may provide a working system. (And would provide useful
information for the upstream maintainers.)

Alan.

[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/8/25/75
A kernel-lt-4.4.152-2.el7.elrepo package set has been built,
incorporating the above patch, and is available, for testing, from the
following directory --

https://elrepo.org/people/ajb/devel/kernel-testing/el7/

When convenient, please test and report back with your result.

Alan.
Alex,

Please provide a URL for your motherboard from:

https://www.kontron.com/products/boards-and-standard-form-factors/motherboards

The exact details of the processor might point to a resolution or a better explanation of the underlying issues.

After reading the details of the patch Alan added and after personally having lots of problems with embedded Intel processors, my general suggestion when you encounter issues with embedded Intel processors is to "Use kernel-ml". :-)

Steve