On 29/08/18 20:46, Alan Bartlett wrote:
On 29 August 2018 at 02:08, Andrew Gurinovich <altm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello.
I would like to rebuild the whole elrepo with custom compiler flags for
personal use.
Can you please suggest, how the rpms are being build right now?

I can only speak for the kernel (kernel-lt & kernel-ml) build process.
Mock is used to provide a clean, controlled, chroot environment for
the native OS. That is RHEL6 and RHEL7.

When I'm trying to rpmbuild from spec files, there are no sources in
/home/user/rpmbuild
When I'm trying to build kernel-ml, there is no config file.

Install the .nosrc.rpm package into your private rpmbuild directory
structure and drop the relevant linux-4.X.Y.tar.xz file (obtained from
upstream, kernel.org) into you SOURCES/ directory.

Alan.

The rest of the repo is built likewise, in mock.

All kmod .src.rpms should rebuild cleanly against the latest RHEL kernel. There are some exceptions, notably .nosrc.rpms which do not contain the upstream tarball to save space/bandwidth. As Alan mentioned above, for any .nosrc.rpms you will need to fetch the upstream source tarball in addition to the .nosrc.rpm, which should always be linked towards the start of the SPEC file.

Generally, kmod packages do not _need_ to be built in mock as typically they do not link anything other than the kernel they are built against; anything else should always be built in mock for consistency.

Rebuilding kmod packages will result in kernel modules which are not signed by elrepo for Secure Boot. If you are using Secure Boot you will probably want to sign the modules with your own signing key. There is logic in the SPEC file to allow for this from the command line at build time. If doing this in mock, you will need to install your signing keys into your build root before building.

The VirtualGL-libs i686 package on el7 has hints in the SPEC file how to build as there is no 32-bit rhel7 tree to build against in mock.

Hope that helps.

Phil