On 30/08/2019 04:38, d tbsky wrote:
Hi:
     I saw there are few drivers for EL 7.7 currently. RHEL 7.7/SL 7.7
both released, but not Centos 7.7. will elrepo update most drivers to
7.7 later, or I need to create ticket(like kmod-drbd) ?

    thanks a lot for help!

We don't plan on doing a mass rebuild per say as many drivers may not need it. Only those drivers which use a kABI symbol which is not on Red Hat's kABI whitelist, and the ABI of that symbol has changed will require rebuilding.

We have already rebuilt the drivers we are aware that required rebuilding, but we don't have the hardware to test everything.

The best advice is if you are aware of a driver package that needs rebuilding for el7.7, please file a bug report and we will action it as a priority.

I also note that CentOS has just released their el7.7 updates to their CR repository so please feel free to update your kernel and see if any of the kmod packages you have installed fail to weak link against the new kernel. For example, I did the following to check if kmod-tpe was compatible with the new el7.7 kernel:

find /lib/modules -name tpe.ko

and discovered it wasn't so I rebuilt it.

Hope that helps,

Phil