On Thu, 3 Sep 2020 at 11:05, Tamas Csirszka <tamas.csirs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>
> Thank you for creating my account. I was able to log in and created the
> following two RFEs:
>
> [channel: elrepo/el7 0001035]: [RFE] mac802154_hwsim kernel driver for el7
>
> [channel: elrepo/el8 0001036]: [RFE] mac802154_hwsim kernel driver for el8
>

> Much appreciate your help with this!
>
> Cheers,
> Tamas

Hi Tamas,

While the creation of the kmod packages are being investigated, you
might like to test the kernel-ml package set [1] that we provide for
use with both RHEL7 and RHEL8.

The current version [2] (which I shall shortly be announcing on this
m/l) is built from the linux-5.8.6 sources and has the MAC802154
configuration option set to build it as a module.

Knowing the result of your test(s) with kernel-ml may assist with the
backport required to create the relevant kmod package.

Alan.

[1] https://elrepo.org/tiki/kernel-ml
[2] kernel-ml-5.8.6-1.el{7|8}.elrepo