On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 5:27 AM, Matt Adams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My first attempt at compiling the em28xx-userspace2 driver
>  has me a bit baffled.  The first error I get is as follows:
>
>  CC  [M]  em28xx-userspace2/em28xx-video.o
>  em28xx-userspace2/em28xx-video.c: In function `em28xx_video_do_ioctl':
>  em28xx-userspace2/em28xx-video.c:1966: error: `VIDIOCGMBUF' undeclared (first
>  use in this function)
>
>  I am certain that I am missing something obvious.  The kernel
>  source is 2.6.24.3 (the userspace-drivers stuff compiled fine).
>  When I compiled my kernel I did not select any multimedia
>  drivers (same as when compiling the v4l-experimental drivers).
>
>  My system is essentially a Linux From Scratch build.
>  Any help is appreciated.
>
>  John Adams

Hi,

The userspace drivers are different from v4l-dvb-experimental - they
make use of the existing drivers that came with your kernel so you
need to compile the appropriate in-kernel drivers. I'm not sure
exactly what you need, but you'll need at least Video for Linux, plus
both the V4L1 options and "DVB for Linux". You probably also need some
other (hardware-dependant) drivers, which the kernel config tools
won't let you choose unless you deselect "Autoselect pertinent
encoders/decoders". Don't enable the in-kernel em28xx driver; it won't
break anything, but you don't need it.

I suggest you build the media-related stuff as modules rather than
in-kernel; it'll probably make life slightly easier.

Good luck,
Aidan