> As the author of the feature, I just want to point out that originally
> I did not include double-click support, but I added it on request from RMS.
>
> If it turns out to be a major obstackle for using the feature (I haven't
> had that experience myself), I don't mind removing it.

Just to avoid a misunderstanding: the change I made (removing the
sit-for call in mouse-drag-region-1) doesn't affect the double-click
support.  Setting mouse-1-click-follows-link to 'double still has the
same results: it makes a double-click rather than a single click
follow the link.  As far as I can see, there are no bad side-effects
to the change.