On Oct 5, 2007, at 22:34, John Wiegley wrote:

Carsten Dominik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I think using LOGGING is a bit better.

So what do I do?  More votes?

If you want to start using the facility for generally overriding Lisp values, then your original proposal is better. But if this is just going to be for a few exceptions, LOGGING fits much better with the present scheme and docs.

Generally overriding Lisp values would be a great feature, but I feel that this implementation seems to promise that you can set any lisp value there. This would lead to a large overhead, because every command would have to locally parse before execution. Also there would be uncertainties because many commands
act on several items etc.
I am not yet convinced that this is useful enough - so for the
time being I will stick with the LOGGING property.

Thanks for all comments!

- Carsten