I've redone my org-agenda-custom-commands through customize to learn
about new features, and there is a bug if one uses :other
customization in the variables list.. It pre-defines the variable to be
org-agenda-skip-function and then when I enter the value as 'my-skip.

When I apply the changes, it puts ((...) (...)
((org-agenda-skip-function (quote my-skip)))) into the agenda command,
note the extra level of parenthesis, and trying to run that agenda item
gives "not a symbol" error.. If I use "any variable" and put
org-agenda-skip-function and 'my-skip then it works fine.

This is with .git version

Regards,
  Max