You are getting the same results I am. What is concerning me is the fact
that the label you are applying in the document:

#+NAME: fig:result_plot

is not the label that is being applied to the the exported tex document,
i.e.

\label{fig:orgparagraph1}

\ref{fig:orgparagraph1}

This is rather problematic as there are a variety of things that sometimes
need to be done with just pure LaTeX in a babel source block that operate
on the figures elsewhere in the org document. If I want to create some
multi figure plot in which the internal caption references another figure,
the reference in that caption to \ref{fig:result_plot} will no longer work.

Again, I am pretty sure this is a bug as it was previously possible to
refer to the assigned labels (i.e. fig:result_plot) rather than needing to
know whatever sequential reference is assigned by org mode on the export.

Best,
Andrew