My most common uses are escaping double quotes (") and equals (=) within
org verbatim blocks (=VERBATIM=)

Examples:

1. =var=[ZWS]val=
2. =[ZWS]"something"[ZWS]=

Here [ZWS] is the 0x200b zero width space unicode char.

I found [ZWS] useful as a generic escape char for org mode. There are few
other cases where this has been useful, but I can't recall right now.

In any case, what would be the recommended way to escape " and = in the
above 2 examples?