Hi,
Felix Kaminsky <[email protected]> writes:
> I am amazed by org-mode and baffled that I didn't find it earlier. It
> revolutionized my workflow which is usually quickly
> writing reports and exporting them to PDF via LaTeX.
> There is one feature that I really miss. Something to put notes below a table
> within the LaTeX float environment.
> Something that the LaTeX output looks similar to this:
>
> \begin{table}[htb]
> \caption
> \begin{tabular}
> ....
> \end{tabular}
> \label{...}
> Notes: some text
> \end{table}
>
> I am currently using a workaround by setting the option
> org-latex-table-caption-above to nil and putting the caption below
> together with the text for the notes.
> But in a standard document I'd prefer the caption above.
Try with special blocks.
Eval:
(setq org-latex-caption-above '(table special-block))
With this, the following,
#+caption: cap
#+begin_table
#+Attr_latex: :float nil
| a | b |
Notes
#+end_table
would result in something like this,
\begin{table}
\caption{cap}
\begin{center}
\begin{tabular}{ll}
\toprule
a & b\\
\bottomrule
\end{tabular}
\end{center}
Notes
\end{table}
You might have to tweak the centering to your liking (e.g. another center
special block and the attribute :center nil).
Hope it helps,
Rasmus
--
Evidence suggests Snowden used a powerful tool called monospaced fonts