Hi,

   Thanks for pointers.  Using the UNNUMBERED property did not work.  I
applied the property to the top level heading and the second level heading.
  I believe it cascades down to the other headings, so everything was
unnumbered.

    The latex_header option worked though.  It numbered the 3rd level
heading and anything below it as well.  For the
most part I will not have any headings below that anyway so it should be
fine.

cheers,

    mehul

--