Nicolas Goaziou <m...@nicolasgoaziou.fr> writes:

> I don't qualify this as a bug. These commands explicitly work when point
> is at the beginning of an item. Indeed, the sub-item may be arbitrarily
> large, contain tables... it would be confusing to move the whole
> sub-list when its structure is out of sight.

Why do you think it would be confusing to move the whole sub-list? Why
would it be move confusing when the point is on the sub-item vs. when
the point is on the parent item?

I think the inconsistency is unintuitive here, and causes confusion. And
I think since large sub-items already get moved when the point is
at the beginning, it would make sense to also move them when the point
is on the sub item.

Nathan