Eric,

IIUC, that would add an entry to the 'diary' file.  I thought perhaps that
Shérab meant something different, namely to capture a new TODO item that was
scheduled for that date.

In any case, I think that latter thing is also an interesting thing to do. Is
there an easy way to do that?

Best wishes - Neil