Hallo Van,

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 7:51 AM Van L <van@scratch.space> wrote:

> Thank you,
>
> > You can force a newline in LaTeX putting '\\' at the end of the line(as
> the last chars on the line).
>
> Yes. The file sample2e.tex demonstrates the use of '\\' in the 'verse'
> environment.
>
> I now have the following wanting to fully justify the lines but it doesn’t.

Well, you must choose what do you want. If you let LaTeX fully justify your
text, you don't control line endings, otherwise you can put \\ to say 'Hey
I want a line ending here'.

If you want a shorter quoting you could use a different size to \parbox.

As an example you can use      * \parbox{0.7\linewidth}*
to limit the parbox to 70% of your linewidth.

Cheers,

LEslie

--
Leslie H. Watter