EDE is  Emacs Development Environment, is shipped with stock Emacs and is
recommended to be turned on as a global minor mode, in the official Emacs
Manual, Section 25.4, page 330 of the printed version, or 352 of the pdf.

It's not a 'mere keybinding conflict', it's a conflict that anyone reading
the official manual would be bumping into. It's not some obscure tiny
extension no-one is using, it is an official part of Emacs, just as Org is.