On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 4:03 AM Carsten Dominik <domi...@uva.nl> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 10:21 AM Nathan Neff <nathan.n...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Something that's eluded me all this time has been an
>> "Insert subheading, after the content, but before other subheadings"
>>
>> For example:
>> If my cursor is anywhere between lines 1 and 4, I would like the
>> subheading
>> to be inserted at line 5.
>>
>> 1* Heading
>> :PROPERTIES:...
>> 2 Some content
>> 3 More content
>> 4
>> 5** Subheading 1
>> 6** Subheading 2
>> 7
>> I know there's org-insert-subheading and C-u which respects content, but
>> respect-content will insert a subheading at line 7 in the example above.
>> I would
>> like to have a new subheading at line 4.
>>

> What about C-c C-n M-RET

Thanks Carsten - I created a function:
(defun njn-subheading-respect-content ()
  (interactive "")
  (org-next-visible-heading 1)
  (org-insert-subheading 't)
 )

But I'm trying to find out where to get the "correct" arg
to org-next-visible-heading - I have hard-coded a 1 in the
above example, but this produces the following subheading:

* Heading <-exec when cursor on this heading
Some content about Heading
*** New heading is inserted here (and is the wrong level - should be 2
instead of 3)
** Sub1
** Sub2

I will mess with this function a bit and post if I find a solution.

Thanks,
--Nate