It could be dead. At the time I worked with it, the project had already
switched to a library form that was not directly useful to me, and the
original swish project was not being further developed. These days, I would
look to something like xapian or postgresql I think (assuming sqlite is not
sufficient for your needs).

John

Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F