The main advantage is that all org-mode actions on subtrees would work
without any specific handling of inline tasks. e.g. visibility cycling,
hiding of none context, cut/copy, moving. With many of these actions I
experience some issues with inline tasks. And even from my personal user
perception I would like to have just the task headings on the same level,
not also the END marks.