On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 3:07 PM Matt Price <mopto...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using the most recent wip-cite-new branch of org, with a recent emacs
> git (28.0.50).
>
> I would like to be able to surround some portion of a subtree with a tag,
> e.g.:
>
> * parent
>   some text
> #+HTML: <div class="box">
> ** child 2
>   some boxed content
> ** child 2
>    more boxed content
>  #+HTML:</div>
> ** child 3
>   unboxed content
>
> However, org seems to close the div for me before the ~** child 2~
> headline.
>
> Is this the intended behaviour? And if so is there any way for me to do
> this?

Sorry for the noise, I believe this is user error.   I misread the exported
source code, and firefox's developer tools added the closing tag for me, so
I kept not seeing my mistake. The error here was not realizing that section
contents get wrapped in their own div with class ~outline-text-N~, so my
~<div class="box">~ resulted in malformed HTML.

I don't know if there is a way to somehow slide my own html in between the
outine-text element and the outline-container element for a child subtree.
If someone knows a way to do this, I'd appreciate a pointer, but for now I
think I have to find another way to accomplish this.

thanks & apologies,

Matt