Okay. Well, I've gone ahead and installed LibreOffice, which took care of the
"missing 'soffice'" problem, but like a frustrating game of Whac-A-Mole,
another problem popped up. Now I'm left high and dry as to what might have
happened, because after adding the location of soffice.exe in my Windows PATH
environment variable, I get the following output:

Executing soffice --headless --convert-to odt --outdir
"c:/Users/donni/OneDrive/Documents/"
"c:/Users/donni/OneDrive/Documents/belvoire.odt"

Export to c:/Users/donni/OneDrive/Documents/belvoire.odt failed

with absolutely no rhyme or reason as to what went wrong.
Sent from Mailspring
(https://link.getmailspring.com/link/181a65c3-41d8-44ca-a7a3-964e5ff61...@getmailspring.com/0?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fgetmailspring.com%2F&recipient=ZW1hY3Mtb3JnbW9kZUBnbnUub3Jn),
 the best free email app for work